Bike Coalition to empower first-time bike tourists on coastal Kerry’s Ride
WHAT: Bike riders of all abilities will unite for an adventurous, two-day coastal ride to test their legs at bike touring. Among unmatched views of the Southern California coastline, the pedal-powered group will join the Bike Coalition to learn the ins and outs of bike touring as they ride more than 50 miles along part of the nation’s most popular bike tour – the coastal route from Canada to Mexico.
Participants will take the scenic train to Solana Beach, where the tour will begin with friends, the ocean and breathtaking views. The group will camp overnight under the stars in San Onofre before venturing to Mission Brewery on day two and raising a glass for the grand finale in downtown San Diego.
WHY: Kerry Kunsman, who was a long-time board member of the Bike Coalition, believed that anyone can bike tour. He expressed his passion for making bike riding accessible to all people through dedicated advocacy and education. This ride honors his legacy by welcoming all types of riders in the hopes of introducing more people to the many joys of traveling by bike.
- San Diego County Bicycle Coalition
- 15-20 bike riders of every level who have a taste for adventure
Saturday, March 18
- 11:30 a.m. -- Ride begins at Java Depot in Solana Beach (243 N Highway 101, Solana Beach, 92075)
- 4 p.m. – Ride stops for the evening at San Onofre State Beach
- 8 a.m. -- Ride begins at San Onofre State Beach
- 4 p.m. – Post-tour celebration of Kerry Kunsman at Mission Brewery (1441 L St, San Diego, 92101)
### San Diego County Bike Coalition (SDCBC) is a nonprofit organization that advocates for and protects the rights of all people who ride bicycles. They promote bicycling as a mainstream, safe and enjoyable form of transportation and recreation. For more information, please visit www.sdbikecoalition.org.
(Source: Go Mixte)
Post a Comment